Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraigC-1
Advocate

Renewal Contract Email Pricing Wrong

Hi 

New to the community, sorry if there is a solution on the page

I have asked for clarification through Now Broadband and calls help desk after agreeing a contract as below verbally on the phone

Broadband: Super Fibre £22.00 per month for 12 months, £38.50 per month thereafter
Calls: as and when at tariff charges

The contract that arrived through email and in my Now messages account states the below pricing

Price
As this is a pre-checkout summary, the below price does not include any existing product offers not in your basket. These will show in your 'confirming your NOW offer' communication and monthly bill.
Broadband: Super Fibre £22.00 per month for 12 months, £38.50 per month thereafter
Activation Charge: £0.00
Hardware Charge: £0.00
Delivery Charge: £0.00
Calls: Anytime calls
Anytime calls: £8.00 per month
Line Rental: £0.00 per month
Additional features:
Activation Charge: £0.00

I have called Now twice to have the pricing on my contract changed to calls as and when used charge tariff, both times the Now representatives have said the phone charges are set at, as and when used. I have asked for a message or email stating the calls are set at charge as and when used, the rep said they cant do this and be assured that everything is ok and a refund will be made if any issues arise. 

I only want written confirmation of a my contract due to an error on Now side

Anyone had the same or similar issue

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@CraigC-1 

As far as I know, Now can’t sell you a telephone service on a new connection any more:-

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9688-5th-september-arrives-so-no-more-new-analogue-phone-lines#:~:text=Not%20installing%20any%20more%20of,phone%20platform%20has%20been%20reached.

Though maybe Now is an exception to this, as per the mention of Sky LLU in that article, as Now piggybacks on Sky’s network?

@Jayach?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:
Though maybe Now is an exception to this, as per the mention of Sky LLU in that article, as Now piggybacks on Sky’s network?

@Jayach?

I'm as much in the dark about this as anyone. Unless Sky/Now make an announcement who can be sure?

Also I don't belive all Sky LLU installations are Fully Unbundled (MPF), and they will be the only ones that can continue to supply analogue phone connections.

The fact Now installations appear to still be happening says that must be how it's being done.

Sky themselves seem to have avoided this problem by switching to digital voice some time ago.