cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_1

Over payments

I received an email on 17th July saying that my contract was up for renewal, and I didn't need to do anything and it would roll on at £21 per month, I have check my bank account and have been paying £28.50 instead, I am on the very basic plan and I do not have a landline so do not make calls. Getting in touch with Now TV is painful as they do not have a live chat feature any more and an annoying bot that is not helpful whatsoever.

Can someone  from Now TV reply to this with a refund for the difference I have overpaid?

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

Nobody from NowTV even reads this, let alone replies, on this customer-to-customer Community 😢

Now still has Live Chat for streaming, but Broadband customers can call them free on 150 on their landline (you may not have a phone, but you do have a landline, which is what Now Broadband is delivered over, and you can make and receive calls on it, if you choose to).

However, I agree with you about the bot.

You might want to get on Now’s Twitter/X feed with this though, as there are Now people on the other end of that. And it’s public, so others will see your dissatisfaction there.

However, I doubt you will get a refund; if you read the small print on that email, you will see that an unspecified discount (no what for, no amount) will cease 7 days after you got that notification, and that is what has put your monthly cost up to £28.50

Best to rail against how sneaky that was of Now, rather than anything else.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lisa_1 

Account/payment staff for NOW has never replied to a post in my entire time of using the forum. As @RoyB said it is monitored time to time but not in the manner you think. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help