cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaduffy
Mentor

Merging two accounts held by the same person

I want to change the email address on my account. However, I already have an old Now account with my email address. (I really can't remember why this is.)

Can I merge these? Or delete the old one and then move my current one to the other email address?

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jaduffy 

If it was broadband you were talking about, it would have been best to mention this in the original post, as I assumed it was relating to TV accounts. And I would have been able to point you in the direction of the number much sooner.

Anyway I am glad you got it resolved!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
jaduffy
Mentor

Apologies, I had no idea TV and broadband were handled separately. I assumed that users log into their Now accounts using the same email.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jaduffy 

Yeah annoyingly there is no customer phone number for TV membership issues, for some reason the number is reserved for broadband only. Although to make matters more confusing is that you can get TV discount with broadband and that is when the broadband team will deal with you when it relates directly to the discount haha. 

No need to apologise bud. We are all in it together and will get there in the end. 

RoyB
Legend

‘And if we aren’t there yet, this can’t be the end’.

Guess what movie I’ve been recently watching 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
czq195
Advocate

basically I have taken a new Broadband package with my current provider. This included Now Entertainment package. which they automatically created a new Now TV account under a new user email address. However I have an existing Now TV account which includes subscription to Now Cinema. I wanted to merge my existing Now TV account with my new account without losing the subscription I have currently running. can this be done?

Existing account: [email removed]

New Account: [email removed] 

I want to merge the gmail account to the Hotmail account. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@czq195 

Do not put any personal details on the forum as this direct breach of GDPR and forum rules. You need to call the broadband team to get it sorted.

See link for the number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

This is for streaming, not Broadband, isn’t it?

@czq195 

if you have taken Now from your new provider, presumably BT or TalkTalk, then you need to contact them to resolve this issue, as they undertake to support you from here on in, rather than Now doing it any more.

This includes transferring ongoing Now Memberships over. It’s straightforward enough, and shouldn’t give anybody any issues, but Now can’t ‘blow’, your new provider has to ‘suck’.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.