cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeB94
Advocate

Sign In Issues

Hi i have recently signed up with ee tv and have there broadband and TV and when i sign out of the ee box with the account they gave me i try and sign in with my own personal account which i have had for a few years but when i close the app and re open i get a error message and saying having issues could be a internet fault but when i close and reopen again it will sign in with my EE one i was told my ee account email is spelled differently  to own personal email address.

has anyone else experienced this and is there a way round as i pay for boost entertainment and cinema but the EE is just the basic is there any round this so i can use my personal account on my EE Youview box without having to keep resigning out and back in again 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JakeB94 

Sorry do you have two active accounts with NOW? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JakeB94
Advocate

theoretically yes basically i created a account 6/7 years ago and when  i joined with ee recently now tv was included with the package they spelt my email wrong so when i received the box now tv was automatically signed in with the ee acount as im using a ee tv box but when i sign out and back in with my personal account it works but when i sign out and go back in the app it will bring up an error and sign me back in with the ee account automatically and i appreciate the help thankyou

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JakeB94 

BT /EE have intentionally done this by design on their Pro Box and possibly other BT / EE supplied hardware where it will automatically revert to it's BT / EE TV account login credentials.

I don't think there is a way around it and you have to keep switching your different login credentials like you are currently experiencing.

Or you could invest in a third party device such has a Roku, Fire Stick etc if your TV hasn't got an inbuilt native NOW App to use when watching your direct NOW account and not your EE TV account.

JakeB94
Advocate

@schnapps yes so ive rang up and spoke to ee theyv'e made a mistake on there end as they made a typo on my email address so i told them to change it to the correct one then i can merge my account with my ee plan like i did on the other platforms with netflix and discovery plus ee is to blame which i have came to realise and i do have a lg cx with nowtv on there one of there call handlers tried telling me that nowtv wont merge my account with ee as they have protocols in place but on the app ee said they can do this it's just ee being difficult as they made a typo in the sign up for my package but hopefully they will resolve this tomorrow as it's very fustrating having to sign out and back in each time i want to use the app plus ee is just the basic package as well so i have to watch all the live channels in sd when i pay for the boost ,entertainment and cinema package as well so i'm hoping ee will resolve this 

RoyB
Legend

@JakeB94 

Put your ‘Now’ Now account on the LG CX, and let the BT or EE box carry the ‘BT/EE’ Now account until this is resolved.

BT/EE won’t revert the Now account on anything that isn’t their own hardware.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.