cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zee
Advocate

IP and Geoloction

Long story short my ISP is having issues with IP geolocation and my home static IP is stuck in New York not that much fun when you just want to use NOW TV

so I’m trying to contact someone at NOW to help set this as an allow 

any pointers on how to talk to someone?

• LG
8 REPLIES 8
chilli2
Elite

Why New York? are you on a corporate/Work VPN, or is this an ISP issue?

Who is your internet service provider? and what package are you on?

Zee
Advocate

Sorry should have been more clear.

I’m on cityfibre network, using Yayzi as my ISP, I have a static IP no VPN on, I just use NOWTV with sports package.

https://talk.yayzi.co.uk/t/149-18-87-address-is-geolocated-in-us/773

here is a thread on what is happening, not only to myself. As this this seems to be geolocation database issue, I would like to try and talk to someone at NowTV and explain. What has gone wrong and see if I can get my IP whitelisted so I can use the service. 

Nitro
Scholar 3

@Zee this isn't a now issue, its an ISP issue. Hopefully your ISP resolves this soon. I had the same issue, but static IP sorted it out.

RoyB
Legend

@Nitro @Zee 

In a world first, I think the ‘cheap ISP’ being talked about here isn’t Now 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Zee 

Google is dripping with IP address location tools. Where do a few of these think you are?

Now aren’t going to allow this, if it  is a genuine New York location. Best to get your ISP to give you an IP in a UK location. 

Actually best to do that anyway, even if Now have it wrong. Let them know by all means, but it might not be a quick fix 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Zee
Advocate

thinks I’m in Blackpool United States

country_code: "US",

countryname: "United States"
city: " Blackpool"

latitude: "39.66502"

longitude: "-74.738208"

its a geolocation database error, so either wait it out or ask for my IP to whielisted, I have already had to this for Disney+ so just trying to do this for NOWTV

RoyB
Legend

@Zee 

So yayzi  have bought a ‘poisoned’ range of IP addresses, haven’t got any UK IP addresses to dish out, and you/they want to make this Now’s problem? And not just Now, but probably a plethora of other location-sensitive service providers as well.

I don’t even know which department at Now, or possibly even Sky, could do this for you.

But start by talking to Live Chat, as it’s streaming, not broadband, being affected here:-

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now Live Chat (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage.

Lots of luck; you’ll need it. And do please let us know how you get on!

Zee
Advocate

@RoyB sums it right up perfectly. Cheap ISP you get what you pay for! So I expect things like this to crop up. Connection wise it’s been pretty solid for me just things like this can be annoying. 

I went though the help, confirmed all the details, send over videos, photos and screenshots they have all the information guess it down to the network team to see if they can manually allow my IP.  If not just waiting to get the location services to update correctly.