cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenday-61
Advocate

Cancelling Now TV membership

Hi has anyone else experienced trying to cancel the NOW Tv subscription and it being impossible to do so. I have been told to go into my NOW membership and cancel there but my package doesn't come up to allow me to do so and also payments that have been taken out of my account have not registered on my online account.   Furthermore I have had three payments taken out of my bank account over the last few days.

Two payments of £9.99 and one payment of £6. Not sure why these payments are being taken with no record whatsoever on my membership and hoping they can be refunded.  The help section is an automated message that keeps telling me to go to NOW membership to cancel and I can't get any further with this. I rang the NOW TV service to be told they don't deal with the TV and to go back to NOW tv help website.  So back to the same issues and problems again.  This is extremely frustrating and would appreciate if anyone knows how this can be resolved and also I would like my money refunded taken out of my account without authorisation.  Two payments at least.  One I am happy to pay, Hoping this matter can be resolved soon or I will be taking legal advice. 

• LG
2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jenday-61 

Sounds like you have a duplicate account. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

Are you 100% sure you took out the membership(s) from the NOW website? Otherwise it is all handled by the play store. Have a full read of this.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now

The call centre is for broadband customers only.

You need live chat to speak with staff. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/cancel-or-renew-membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Jenday-61 

Sounds like you, or somebody with your details, took out an Entertainment subscription and were offered a free trial of Cinema and Boost, didn’t notice these and so didn’t cancel them, which Now took as ‘consent’ to start them for you, and then, if and when they ran out without you cancelling them, turn them into paid subscriptions, which you have noticed you have been billed for.

Also, as you seem not entirely surprised by at least one Membership, it sounds like it might have been you who initiated it, even though you didn’t expect the extra charges,

If so, this is a new variant on the ‘six months discounted Membership’ bundle, which proceeds along the same lines. Or was it actually the six months bundle, and the amounts were actually £6.99, £9.99 and £6.00?

Please let us know which it was, and where you saw the offer you ‘accepted’.

When you talk to Live Chat, as described by @gavs82008, make sure you request your money back, at least for the two extras.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.