cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the box may continue to work with iPlayer, ITV Hub etc, however a firmware update, factory reset, power cut might result in you needing to re-enter your NOW TV account details, at which point a closed account (which happens when card details are removed) won't work.

I've been with NOW TV for over 2 years. Never once had an issue with sneaky billing because if you have a payment pin enabled and cancel your passes straight away nothing else can come out without your consent (I literally added a two month movie pass yesterday from the McDonalds offer and cancelled it once added).

Customers reporting on these boards tend to fall in to one of these camps

* those who have more than one account to get multiple signup offers and end up paying twice

* those who also have another SkyID (either from Sky TV or Broadband) and when they use that login can't see their account details to cancel

* those who add a 3 month voucher/start the 14 day trial and don't read the warning before confirming they want to go ahead that they will be billed £6.99 afterwards

* those without a payment pin and other people in the house who think "free" films/sport

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Interested in this comment:

* those who add a 3 month voucher and don't read the warning before confirming they want to go ahead that they will be billed £6.99 afterwards

So, regardless of cancelling my 3 month entertainment pass in good time, I will still be charged 1 billing of £6.99?

After that, no more billings - is that correct? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User no, as long as you cancel before the pass ends you won't be billed. When you add a pass it says how long the pass is for, the date billing starts and for how much. A number of customers then go on to claim that they were told it wouldn't renew after looking at their bank balances months later.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

i would also like my credit card details remove. Can you help? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

i would also like my credit card details remove. Can you help? 

@Anonymous User

Good morning. NOW TV requires card details even if you are using a voucher.

Are you planning on leaving NOW TV permenantly?

If so click here: http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above-vouchers-and-offers

Scroll down to the bottom and click 'Contact us' in the left hand side, another page will open with live chat on the right hand side.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been charged £9.99 for sky movies i dont want ..why ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please delete my debit card details as i will never use NOW TV again.  Only used it for a free pass i got given. cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As this is an account related query I will send you an email soon.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like some one from.the.now tv team.to.actually talk to me.as a human.being and not all this email message business as I've done up to now 23 emails trying to resolve a simple stupid issue with the now tv payment system all.i want to do I set up my new bank.card details so I can.pay fr the movies again the kids pack and entertainment pack that's all but every time for the last 4 weeks now it just will not validate my card details and everywhere else managed easily and successfully so please for the love of god get this issue resolved for.me asap my number is [NUMBER REMOVED]

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Suggest it might be wise to remove your mobile number from your post, this is a public forum (go back into your post click on option, top right of your post box and you will see an edit option).

Edit - Well done you realized this and have now removed your mobile no.