cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to cancel, refund?

Hi, I have no doubt this has been posted lots of times but I'm not sure where to go from here.

I recently noticed I was charged for the Sky Movies package (£11.99, yesterday) and was a little confused as i'm sure I cancelled. Turns out I didn't and it charged me. I cancelled as soon as I could and got onto Live Chat who advised me "because you didn't cancel before renewal our system won't allow it". I haven't used NowTV since paying for it, and I used it once last month (which i'm sure you can see in my account).

Is there any chance of a refund here? I cancelled as soon as I could and I'm not/haven't been using the service.  Was an obvious mistake on my part but It seems silly I can't get a refund and the remaining "use until end of payment day" taken away. Even if you charge for the "day used" and refund partial that'd still be better than nothing.

Any help would be great, thanks.

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why say “not going to throw salt into the wounds” and then attempt to exactly do that? I mean who could be bothered to quote all that garbage.  or even be so fully invested in so many posts unless they are a representative of NoW TV, incognito of a customer or whatever. I mean who would stake out on here otherwise? Seriously!  It’s just a community forum, but I’m not surprised at this to be honest, it’s easy to behave in this way on the internet!  It’s sad. Also.... quite frankly I do watch my funds thank you very much for your concern! 

I simply looked for answers to my issue and found them, not just here also may I add,  in regards to this issue. I can’t be bothered to tag you like you did me and the other lady so we got emails notifying us of your reply to slap out wrists,  but I’m sure you’ll read every comment as this is your hangout, weird. I have no intention of coming back here either as I’m not a customer. It’s sad that customers past or present can’t just air their views without being told ‘admit their fault’ by a pretend consumer wow!  That’s just what NOW TV did to me at initial point of complaint. But then this is on their website so.........Let me get away from here quickly! If I’m wrong and this is your hobby for whatever reason, I apologise. I do wonder how many here are acting in the same capacity, patronising customers, slapping their wrists. Who knows, 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to delete the above comment as I’m very upset with now tv, and felt chastised and patronised by this  response, even if that was not the intent. I cannot produce my cancellation email as it’s too long ago, and had deleted, so just got accused of being at fault, plus they lied to me about them only being able to only see a customers last 30 days viewing, when I tried to put my point across, so I distrust them. It wouldn’t let me delete, another flaw in the way they operate.  I reacted as the stress has been awful,  and trying to communicate with them terrible, and apologise if what I said is untrue and rude. I will now not have to come here again. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

First thing Cat

I don't expect you to see or reply to this post, also I can see by your previous two posts that you are angry, felt you've been lied to and cheated, in all honesty and in a fair world what happened to you should not have happened.

So I don't blame you for having a "pop" at me, but know this in the dim and distant past I have also been "done wrong to" but now I look back and see it as a learning moment, i.e. you cannot become an experienced adult without, at least once, being used by a slick company.

Anyway, live long and prosper.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

Too late perhaps, to help those above, but the most cogent piece of advice I give about cancellation is that after you think you have cancelled, go to the My Account tab, ignore the huge Sign Out, and click the small Manage Account (my campaign to give these two options equal weight, or better, to make Manage Account the more prominent one, has fallen on deaf ears at Now 😢).

Then go to your Now Membership(s), and look not at the Pass, which will still be running, so that won’t tell you anything, but click the down arrow and look at the next Payment and its Date. If there is one shown, with an amount of money against it, then you haven’t Cancelled, and you should go back and repeat the Cancel process until there is no Next payment.

As I said, too late to help those above, but hopefully not too late to help anyone thinking of Cancelling, as long as, hopefully, they get to read this first.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.