cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markey58
Advocate

Boost not registering

I recently decided I was going to try Boost as I'm fed up of adverts, only to find that I've been paying for it via iTunes for a year, yet it is not registered as being on my account. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? I don't want to cancel and pay again, because then I'll be double charged for this month and there is no guarantee it'll work. I have paid £72 for a service I have not recieved.

I was trying to ask the bot for a refund also, but no chat box ever appears to type reply to the bot in.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@markey58 

Are you also paying for Entertainment, or Cinema, or Sport, or whatever Membership(s) you have, via the same iTunes account?

If you are, it is a simple matter of going into your account details on each of the devices you are running Now on, in turn, and activating the Boost you will find there.

Or is it more complicated than that, with the iTunes account only being for Boost alone, or what?

You can talk to Live Chat thus:-

the following link leads you to direct contact with Now Live Chat (via a tiny green circle with a v in it, so keep your eyes peeled for that when you have made your initial choices):-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage. Also, don’t choose Request a Refund, even if that is what you want, as that will only deliver you to the Nowbot; pick something else.

They will probably refund you no more than the last three months, though, which means the advice in my sig would have been worth £54 to you 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
markey58
Advocate

@RoyB 

I’m paying for entertainment on the same account. I’ve tried what you suggested but there is no option to activate boost. The only option is to add it to my account, and if I go through with that via iTunes it tells me I can’t purchase it as I’m already subscribed.

I’ll try the live chat tomorrow, that’ll probably work best.

Thanks for the reply!