cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron2702
Advocate

Now boost still showing ads

Hi I paid for boost  on Amazon TV but it hasn't removed the ads can anyone help please ?

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Ron2702 

Boost only works on Now programmes, not anybody else’s.

Also, it only removes ads from On Demand programmes, not the live channels, and the unskippable promos for Now programmes that are shown before the chosen On Demand programme starts don’t count as ads, as they aren’t third party provided.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Ron2702
Advocate

@RoyB hi it is with now.programmes and.i still get adverts during the programme.

RoyB
Legend

@Ron2702 

If you have signed out and signed back in, AND you are watching On Demand and not live channels, then I suggest you go to your account details via your avatar top left, and check that Boost is showing as a Membership.

And then check likewise on whatever device you are watching on - the Now app on the Amazon TV? - to ensure that Boost is present on the account you are watching on.

Then report back the results, with particular reference to the Now programme that you are watching On Demand.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ron2702 

If you’re genuinely talking about NOW content and watching on demand, you should sign out and back in. 

What you must bear in mind is that it will NOT remove the 30 second trailer for NOW content.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help