cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to cancel, refund?

Hi, I have no doubt this has been posted lots of times but I'm not sure where to go from here.

I recently noticed I was charged for the Sky Movies package (£11.99, yesterday) and was a little confused as i'm sure I cancelled. Turns out I didn't and it charged me. I cancelled as soon as I could and got onto Live Chat who advised me "because you didn't cancel before renewal our system won't allow it". I haven't used NowTV since paying for it, and I used it once last month (which i'm sure you can see in my account).

Is there any chance of a refund here? I cancelled as soon as I could and I'm not/haven't been using the service.  Was an obvious mistake on my part but It seems silly I can't get a refund and the remaining "use until end of payment day" taken away. Even if you charge for the "day used" and refund partial that'd still be better than nothing.

Any help would be great, thanks.

23 REPLIES 23
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you definitely haven't used Now TV to watch any content, then there is a slight chance of a refund. However you do have to go back onto the Live Chat and explain everything. 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

1. NOW TV account & payments

2. Cancelling or renewing NOW TV Passes

3. Drop down 'How to get in touch'

4. Live Chat

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Hi Gavs,

I'm 100% sure I haven't used it. I started a free trial, watched Beetlejuice, got half way through, stopped and haven't used it since. I 100% haven't used it since payment went through (yesterday).

I've been on Live Chat twice and explained this fully, but the same "Because you didn't cancel before auto-renewal the system won't allow it" was mirrored by both operators. The only reason I'm pushing this is because I know other services would understand it was an accident and give the benefit of the doubt.  The fact I used the service once for an hour and don't plan on using the service again would suggest I wouldn't then pay for an additional month.

Live chat can't seem to help so i'm hoping someone here can get in contact through email or however they do it and help.

If there's nothing that can be done, fair enough, my fault, user error, i'll take the hit. But if anything can be done, I think it's worth a try!

Thanks anyway Gav 🙂

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That is a strange one. My assumption is as long as there is proof that nothing has been watched since the pass started from the trial then you would have been in for a good shout for a refund. 

@RoyB Not sure if you have any thoughts on this? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Yeah, I mean I have no doubt the live-chat people tried or attempted to help but the fact they both mirrored "our system won't allow it" seemed a little odd to me. I even asked if it's possible they could charge me for the "day of use" (Even though it hasn't been used) or offer a partial refund and both were shot down.

Considering I cancelled and contacted them as soon as I could too. We shall see... 

Edit : Typo

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

I wonder if Live Chat can see failed attempts at cancellation, and acknowledge that the cancellation process is so tortuous that anyone who has tried it, genuinely thought they had cancelled but hadn’t, is given the benefit of the doubt.

However, It seems that Rjkav didn’t try to cancel, just forgot, so NowTV saw nothing untoward there, and set up the subscription exactly as is clearly described in the NowTV literature. And he has been open about simply forgetting, unlike those people claiming never to have realised that there was a hook nestling in amongst the bait 😥

As regards Live Chat being unable to refund him for the month, my impression is that they can do pretty much what they like in that area, technically, though of course the agents are given guidelines, and it looks as if giving a refund under these circumstances is contrary to them.

I think NowTV have tightened up lately; and everybody there has given a sigh of relief that there is no longer a free trial of Cinema available, which means that situations like this won’t happen in the future.

You’d think, though, that NowTV might have a few bob put aside for the last knockings of this sort of problem, which will end within the week. Though maybe they are worried about setting a precedent for the other Passes, that still do have free trials....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB @gavs82008 

Yeah, looks like i'm going to have to take the hit. Makes sense, I was at fault, just a shame they can't see it was an obvious slip up and throw me a bone, I can't imagine they're desperate for that £11.99.

Thanks for the help gentleman. Happy Holidays!! (A little early I know)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem I wanted now TV so I singed up and then my TV didn't have the app so I didn't use it and I have now cancelled and they have charged me 2x for sky cinema pass off £11.99

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use the link I provided to get onto Live chat. They might be able to assist. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My nowtv box (the white one) stopped being supported by you yet you still took 2 passes, entertainment pass and children’s pass, after 4 conversations on line chat I was promised a free nowstick and a months entertainment pass nothing has happened so basically you’re the same ###### as Sky. Lying, just dismiss customers, promise it will be done but it never does, I’m 67 years old but I will not give in.