cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taz1
Advocate

Charged for phone calls when I don't have a phone

I have been charged for phone calls that I have not made as I physically do not have a landline. I have a landline number connected to my broadband but no handset is connected, how is it possible to charge? Plus, when I try to get details of the calls, it tells me there's an error and to refresh my browser, which I have done several times.

How can I arrange a refund and stop this happening in future?

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Taz1 

It’s usually an account mixup by Now, or crossed lines, which comes to the same thing.

But you do have a landline, and it has a phone number, even though you have no handset on the line.

So you need to call Now Broadband to get this sorted out - it would be 150 on the line you don’t have a phone on, so you can’t use that, but here is a sprinkling of other phone numbers that may reach them:-

0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, 0330 332 3050, 0800 759 1213, 0330 041 2473, 0333 759 4816

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.