Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle
Advocate

2 people with NOW TV moving to 1 home

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well!

Has anyone had any experience with moving into one home with NOW TV where both people have active NOW TV broadband?

My partner has a NOW TV 12 month contract in his home and I'm wanting to get it too in my current home. Trouble is we want to move in together within the next few months and transfer NOW TV to the new home.

We are presuming that NOW TV won't be kind and will charge one is us the early exit cost but thought it's worth asking if anyone had any advice!

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

If your partner already has Now. he must be a bit of the way into his contract, add on the extra time until you move in together and he may be getting close to the end of his 12 months, so his early termination fee may not be that high.

Also I presume you don't know where you are going to move to yet, and as Now are (currently) only able to supply a service where FTTC is still available, it may be that you wont be able to get Now there al all.

Of course things may well change over the next few months, so perhaps look at your options a bit closer to the time.

Hope it all goes well.

Oracle
Advocate

This is really good advice, thank you! I didn't think that we could cancel the existing one and save on fees and move mine with us 🙂

Cheers for your well wishes too and take care! 

RoyB
Legend

@Oracle 

Now also offer Broadband on a month-to-month no-contract basis, though with a £60 up-front fee. But if your partner will have much more than a three-month curtailment on his broadband when you move, then no-contract would be your best option for now (small n).

If either of you is a wizz with spreadsheets, you could model this for the optimum strategy.

OTOH, if you know where you will be moving to, you could put that in a broadband checker, and see if Now can service it there anyway. If not, you can both just walk away, as things stand at present.

Though note that broadband generally, and Now broadband specifically, is in a state of flux at the moment, as the sort of broadband Now were selling is no longer available for new installs, and Now are no doubt percolating on this as we speak.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.