cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bacillus
Expert

Re: There's an error connecting............... Service updates can be found on our community.

This may or may not be helpful but is your windows firewall service running?

I had originally turned it off in services because I was using Kaspersky internet security that has it's own firewall. The end result was that no DRM content from now tv would play. Re-enabling it sorted out my issue. I'm using Win 10 with IE11

Does this site work for you?

http://bubblemark.com/sl3/TestPage.html

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

edrick
Advocate

Re: There's an error connecting............... Service updates can be found on our community.

Ive got this problem,updated firefox,cleared cache, allowed silverlight etc

it runs on IE but buffers and is unwatchable! everything else plays on my laptop apart from now tv £30 down the drain!

i dont see why i should spend hours altering settings when i just want to stream a program.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
edrick
Advocate

Never had this problem before, bbc, itv,c4 and c5 all run ok.

it looks by a lot of other posts that it is a sky problem and not a user issue.

might as well call it notnow tv!

will be ringing up tomorrow for a refund.

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rpbrim,

Can you try the advise @bacillus suggested?  - if you do have any kind of VPN set up or you connect to a corporate network you may have problems.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @edrick,

As suggested by @bacillus can you try disabling any firewalls you might have running including the one built into windows?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team-

0 Thanks
edrick
Advocate

Hi, ive done all that last night,as i said before i can watch any other stream on this computer with out any problem.

24 hours now and still cannot watch anything.

please can you post a link so i can get a refund as i'm not getting anywhere the service i have paid for.

many thanks

colin

0 Thanks
Ranj-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @edrick

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've had some issues with this. If you have Windows 8.1 or above can you try and download our NOW TV app.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
RabCNesbitt
Advocate

Hi, ello Customer Service,

I am on your trial for movies and entertainment. I can't stream anything since I joined on 28th December. I get loading, obtaining licence to play then Silverlight quits and gives the "There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community." error message that others have been mentioning.

I have no trouble streaming from *any* other sources. This is not looking good for me subscribing!

Regards,

Rab.

0 Thanks
RabCNesbitt
Advocate

Dear CS,

If we get no reply on this issue *very soon* I will, for one, be cancelling. Support is just sub-standard. We want to watch especially at this time of year when we have the time to enjoy some extended TV viewing. Not good enough!

Regards,

Rab.

0 Thanks
RabCNesbitt
Advocate

The Now TV app is only downloadable if you have a Micro$oft account. I prefer not to have and I have no intention of opening one just to be able to download one app. I have a very high end PC running the latest Silverlight and I have absolutely no problems with all other streaming services!

0 Thanks