cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's an error connecting............... Service updates can be found on our community.

Keep getting "There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community." when I try to play anyhing on my PC no explanation and i can not see any service update to assist.

Thanks Rob

42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problems on my Windows 8.1 latptop. No, I don't want to link a Microsoft account, I just want to watch some tv. Please help

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can we ask you if you're using a browser or the app? - we'd recommend using the app if you're not already. If you still have this issue do let us know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I usually use firefox browser, but couldn't get the TV programme to run at all. Tried turning firewall off etc. Really don't want a microsoft account so no, I won't download the app. Then I tried Internet Explorer - success, until halfway through episode 3 of Penny Dreadful, when Silverlight had an 'issue'

Will try again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

settled down to watch the rest of Penny Dreadful - on the roku box. Nope, couldn't watch anything on that - every programme had sound but no picture with 'HDCL content not allowed'  Back on laptop, firefox still won't play any of the Now TV programmes and when I tried to view on Internet Explorer I got a messege saying 'I had used too many devices for streaming' I have only used the roku box and my lap top so that can't be true - not a happy bunny

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the purple HDCP issue on the Roku can normally be fixed by turning off both the box and TV and then turning them back on again. If it happens frequently you might want to look at replacing the HDMI cable. 

As for the stream limit, that should have cleared down by now and you should be free to try again on any device. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting exactly the same problem on all browsers on my PC. works fine on my laptop. Error reads

"There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community."

Can anyone help?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the late reply.

If you're using either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 can you please  download the NOW TV app from the Microsoft Store and try NOW TV from the app rather than from your browser.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

What version of Windows are you using? again we would highly recommend downloading the app form the store.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even by loading nowtv app it still won't play any of your content. I am paying for this service and not getting it. Ridiculous that I can't plug my iPad into the TV either. These issues need resolving.

bacillus
Expert

This may or may not be helpful but is your windows firewall service running?

I had originally turned it off in services because I was using Kaspersky internet security that has it's own firewall. The end result was that no DRM content from now tv would play. Re-enabling it sorted out my issue. I'm using Win 10 with IE11

Does this site work for you?

http://bubblemark.com/sl3/TestPage.html