cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's an error connecting............... Service updates can be found on our community.

Keep getting "There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community." when I try to play anyhing on my PC no explanation and i can not see any service update to assist.

Thanks Rob

42 REPLIES 42
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for your post. 

Can you please let us know if you are still encountering this issue? 

If you are, please can you let us know if it is affecting multiple devices? 

Does it happen when you load the app or website or does it only occur when you try to play something? 

What operating system are you running on your PC/Laptop? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Karl

Not wanting to mess around with additional programmes on my laptop so as nowtv played on my laptop I stated using that.

Really getting fed up with nowtv, when my laptop stopped playing it I resorted to my iPad and to make it more watchable plugged it into the hotel TV with an apple lead but tonight I get a message on screen that it is not supported by nowtv.... Played fine the other day so what's the reason? I don't think it is a lot to ask. I will definitely cancel my subscription this month if it is not sorted.

Regards Robert Brimfield
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive got this problem,updated firefox,cleared cache, allowed silverlight etc

it runs on IE but buffers and is unwatchable! everything else plays on my laptop apart from now tv £30 down the drain!

i dont see why i should spend hours altering settings when i just want to stream a program.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Never had this problem before, bbc, itv,c4 and c5 all run ok.

it looks by a lot of other posts that it is a sky problem and not a user issue.

might as well call it notnow tv!

will be ringing up tomorrow for a refund.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

As suggested by @bacillus can you try disabling any firewalls you might have running including the one built into windows?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team-

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, ive done all that last night,as i said before i can watch any other stream on this computer with out any problem.

24 hours now and still cannot watch anything.

please can you post a link so i can get a refund as i'm not getting anywhere the service i have paid for.

many thanks

colin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've had some issues with this. If you have Windows 8.1 or above can you try and download our NOW TV app.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Now TV app is only downloadable if you have a Micro$oft account. I prefer not to have and I have no intention of opening one just to be able to download one app. I have a very high end PC running the latest Silverlight and I have absolutely no problems with all other streaming services!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, What browser are you using to view NOW TV on ?

As @Anonymous User has mentioned above if you are using Windows 8 and above we would reccomend that you download the app as this gives you a better viewing experience than viewing via a browser.

Thanks

Andy