cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

engineer visit

hi

had a engineer visit yday to set us up, was a joke, he pulled up outside, came in with his stuff, tested the bt socket already here, said there's no signal, went outside ( without any of his kit) on his return said there's a problem, the line has been cut under your window ( I checked after he went it was a old arial that was cut not the bt line ) and said there's also a problem underground, how he know that if he never took his stuff, said he'd have to get someone else out and disappeared... all I get out of NOW is wait for a email response normally 72hours, can I contact openreach direct ? 

23 REPLIES 23
steveh
Advocate

phone went dead overnight on the wednesday  so waited a day or so called now on the saturday they said they would look into it email from them saying no fault found phone still dead engineer arranged for the friday i waited in no engineer turned up phone still dead. Called now and the engineers visit was cancelled on the thursday no information to me so i was annoyed with them as no emails calls  texts to update me and theere would be an external engineer booked for the monday.  So called monday evening to get an update they said they have to wait 3 to 5 working days for the information. So called thursday and a guy told me after logging into the openreach system which no other advisor had done to tell me there was a cable theft and open reach were dealing with it and promised to keep me updated by email so guess still nothing still no phone or information from now its been off for over 3 weeks now and now dont seem to care .Customer service is a complete joke i will be requesting compensation and will be leaving now at the end of my contract just due to the joke of a customer service department. Openreach vans all over the place still no phone and still nothing from now. score our of 10, 0/10

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so... got a txt supposedly from openreach ( random number, dosent say openreach like other txts) (077800008118) foned  now to see if it was, they said no not them, I said wtf is going on with my connection its supposedly fixed says the last engineer, hang on she says, then she says..  wait for it....... you connection requires planning permission (I'm not asking them to build me a house ) I mean wtaf....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What did the text say, it may well be an Openreach engineer, they often use their own phones.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it says, 

hi its openreach contacting you on behalf of SKY UK LIMITED we are sorry for the delay in providing your service we are pleased to advise the delay has Been resolved and would like to make a new appointment with you please reply as per below format to re appoint as soon as possible 

OPT(space) YES

openreach customer service team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've googled the number and half of the people say it's a scam and half say its not.. the fact its got no name or nothing does look abit dodgy... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds genuine, but I fully understand your apprehension.

If  the engineer who has apparently fixed the cable is not allowed in the cabinets, as he says, he may just be employed as a "wire" man. (they are very short of experienced engineers on the copper side of things as all the best people seem to have been transferred to fibre)

All though, if they know it's been fixed, why don't they just get on with the job?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

had another txt now( same thing) exactly, why the need to make another appointment if they just have to go to cabnet...  what's the worst that can happen if I reply and it's not them lol?? I've not got a contract sim so can't be billed for anything

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I replied to it, got a list of appointments in next msg, selected 1st 1 avaliable, next Monday 11th.(11 days after I should have internet)  wonder what engineer no3 is going to say, if 1 turnes up, should have stopped with virgin 🤔 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Personally I think it will all go well. (always the optimist)

The thing is the people sending the texts and making the appointments know nothing.

The next engineer may not even make a visit to you, They will look at the job they are given. Go to the cabinet and make the necessary connections, give you a ring to see if it has come online, and move on to the next call.

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.🤞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

should have stopped with virgin 🤔 

If swapping between technologies, it is definitely best to not cancel the old one before the new one is up and running.

Openreach are trying to run the copper side of things down, and suddenly the Virgin price rises are causing loads of people to try to get long dormant copper back up and running, or even to get new copper installed.

There was no way they could have expected this and so are being swamped with work they had not planned for. No comfort when you are without broadband, but that is just the way it is.