cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

engineer visit

hi

had a engineer visit yday to set us up, was a joke, he pulled up outside, came in with his stuff, tested the bt socket already here, said there's no signal, went outside ( without any of his kit) on his return said there's a problem, the line has been cut under your window ( I checked after he went it was a old arial that was cut not the bt line ) and said there's also a problem underground, how he know that if he never took his stuff, said he'd have to get someone else out and disappeared... all I get out of NOW is wait for a email response normally 72hours, can I contact openreach direct ? 

23 REPLIES 23
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You could try contact OpenReach directly but they might just tell you to go to your provider which is NOW.

Keep calling the broadband team until it’s resolved. That’s what I would do. Number found in the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cheers , that's a different number to what we rang this morning,  is it better to use this one like?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s worth giving both numbers a call. Can I assume the other number is a 033 number?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yeah 0330

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s been a while since I’ve called the broadband team as I have broadband with BT. If I remember correctly both numbers take you to the team. So you should be fine bud.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If his kit includes TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) capabilities it can show the distance of any break, and if your line comes in underground, it's reasonable to assume that is where it is if close to the house. However he should have explained the situation better.

Are you new to the premises, or are you ex-Virgin? 

chilli2
Elite

Curious to know if this was an openreach employee, or kelly communications working on behalf of openreach ( or another sub contractor)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well a diffrent engineer turned up out the blue on Mon, (no appointment but glad to see him) I told him the crack about the one on fri, he put his machine on line said a fault 20m away, witch was at other end of my flat, in a box on wall, ( not underground like the first one said) he spent around a hour fixing it, then said he'd fixed the issue but dosent have permition to connect us in the green box..  so we still have no Internet and all you get out of now is you had the email saying its getting worked on and it's looking like the 7th, but got a txt yday saying work is delayed to the 8th, all we need is connected at the box ffs ha.. and to the person asking about the engineer.. the first one was kelly communications the second one was openreach van..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

actually the more and more I think about it .. did he actually fix it or just want to go home as it was 510pm when he left,, surely any openreach person can go in a cabnet to connect you 🤔