cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Won't let me connect to internet

I had a now t.v. white box and it all the sudden stopped me from connecting to internet so i refreshed the box and it still didn't work. So i thought it was the box that stopped working so i went out and brought the smart stick and it's still not letting me connect. Can anyone help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Any error message on your TV screen or when trying to connect to your home network when first setting up the stick ?

Do you get the three green ticks or a red tick and get can't connect message ?

Out of curisoity who is your ISP, where there may be something on the router settings blocking access to your nowtv stick.

Perhaps try the trouble shooting steps in this help guide, plus maybe try a different wifi channel on your router and see if powering down the router for 20 minutes makes any difference.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yeah that's really weird and i am not sure what else too suggest to be honest Smiley Sad

There seems to be a conflict somewhere between your old box and new stick with your home wifi network.

What i can't understand that other nowtv boxes in your home works fine off your Virgin wifi network.

I am not familiar with Virgin Hub Routers connected to either the nowtv boxes or stick, where perhaps other forum members on here have some further suggestions to try too resolve it.

You could try live chat to see if that can come up with a solution.

Link to live chat if you wish to contact them.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Sorry i couldn't help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Use the hidden menu factory reset process detailed at https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-tv-box/td-p/488878# and if that doesn't work use a pin in the RESET button hole on the back of the box.

That should force it to download and install the latest version of the software on the box and also overcomes all the can't connect to wifi network issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Internet box has broke, it's been knocked off the cabinet and won't come back on. Do you know how I can get a new box sent out?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Internet box has broke, it's been knocked off the cabinet and won't come back on. Do you know how I can get a new box sent out?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I doubt NowTV will cover accidental damage of your Router and you may have to stump up some money to buy a replacement.

Any lights showing on the front of the Router ?

I am guessing you have reconnected all the cables again and pressed the small reset button on the back of the Router for about 10 to 15 seconds ?

If you was a previous Sky Broadband customer then you could use an old Sky Router in the short term if you have one lying around the home.

Anyway if the Router is definitely broken then you need to get in touch with the NowTV Broadband Team.

The easiest place to find their telephone number is go to My Account > Broadband & Calls whilst logged in on here and under Moving Home keep clicking on it until a telephone number appears on your screen.

The Moving Home number should be the same telephone number for the NowTV Broadband general enquiries helpline.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't for the life of me find a the number 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sign into the NowTV Forum on here with your NowTV Broadband Account details and open this link below and on the right hand side of the screen a telephone number should appear in green.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/now-broadband-installation-and-setup 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My internet is not working and i try to reset several time but it’s still not working I don’t know how to make it work just reset it for many time but isn’t work!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. Have you tried the line tester?