cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redjen74

Wifi performance

Hi

my router is in my lounge and Wi-Fi signal is fine when downstairs, when upstairs the Wi-Fi signal is very poor.  Is there a signal booster I can get to improve the signal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Redjen74 

You won't get anything from NOW as all they provide is the router. So for any signal boosters it must come out your own pocket from a third party retailer such as Amazon.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Redjen74 

You won't get anything from NOW as all they provide is the router. So for any signal boosters it must come out your own pocket from a third party retailer such as Amazon.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Redjen74 

Have a read of this:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Do-now-tv-provide-wi-if-extenders/m-p/607572/highli...

Signal boosters that rely on relaying the WiFi aren’t much cop.

You may find someone suggesting you split the bands, but the only thing I would split the bands with on a Now router is a bl##dy great axe. Which, as above, is not advisable, as you may need it again 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
WiFi

my WiFi service not working well not open email not open some browser

RoyB
Legend

@WiFi 

Who is your ISP, what speeds were you promised, what speeds do you actually get, and what device are you having the email and browser issues on?

As it could well be that device that needs attention, for the base level issues you are reporting.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.