cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OtexExpress
Mentor

WiFi P/w

Hi:)

Due to go live tomorrow (Mon 11/9) .... On the back of my hub is the wifi p/w but it contains lower case letters and numbers as well as capitals ....

1) The brochure in the package says type in CAPITALS and 2) Just searching Google says Now Broadband wifi doesn't have numbers in the p/w .... so bit confused ....

M:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@OtexExpress 

The brochure saying ‘type in capitals’ is testicles, and should be ignored.

I could say the same about Google, but that would be rather limiting 😢

As ever, though, take any single link on Google with a large pinch of sodium chloride…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@OtexExpress 

The brochure saying ‘type in capitals’ is testicles, and should be ignored.

I could say the same about Google, but that would be rather limiting 😢

As ever, though, take any single link on Google with a large pinch of sodium chloride…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
OtexExpress
Mentor

thank u RoyB:) .... yes the Google Link I would not take literally w/o further research; but as it was in their brochure .... thought best to check .... 🙂

m:)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @OtexExpress 

On the box packing (from memory inside the box) there should be a sticker with the Router designated default Network Name and Wifi password.

Does this match the Wifi Password on the ID sticker underneath the bottom of the actual NOW Hub Router? 

My NOW Hub Router has all capital letters for its default Wifi password and from memory my Sister and Dad's has capital letters only when I set up their NOW Hub Router.

OtexExpress
Mentor

Hi Schnapps:)

The Sticker and the p/w on the back of the Router are the same and contain a mixture of both Letters (Capital) and (Non-Capital) and numbers .... RoyB says to go with this not the advice in the brochure inside the packet that says type in CAPITALS .... m:)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @OtexExpress 

Just use the Wifi password that you see on the ID sticker underneath the bottom of the NOW Router.

Maybe NOW have changed the Wifi password from all capital letters since myself, Sister and Father joined NOW Broadband over 4 years ago.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @OtexExpress 

According to:-

https://www.security.org/how-secure-is-my-password/

A ten-character password in all caps can be broken in under an hour. Mix it up a bit, with lower case, numerals and symbols, and that goes up to five years. The same password in upper case, even with numerals and symbols, can be cracked in ‘only’ a month.

Maybe that why things might have changed in the last four years.

Jayach
Elite 3

As you have the router, you could log in to it via ethernet (username admin password nowtv) and take a look at what the password actually is. No need to be connected to the internet to do that.

OtexExpress
Mentor

Hi Jayach:)

Thanks .... 🙂

m:)