cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve702
Advocate

U

Does any one know how I can find my is address and password? I'm. Having trouble logging on to net despite havin  connection  on ether net. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

I really don't understand the question, or the subject title either to be honest. Could you try again please?

RoyB
Legend

@Steve702 

I think you meant to say IP address and password? But you don’t need your IP address, you need your SSID (the name of your WiFi) . And the password will be on a label underneath the router.

So open the connection dialogue on the device you want to connect to the WiFi, pick the SSID that belongs to your router, carefully type in the password exactly as shown, being careful to use capitals small letters and numerals as required, and your device should connect OK.

if you aren’t sure which SSID belongs to your router, if you are offered several, turn the router off at the mains, and then turn it on again, watching to see what SSID newly appears.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

I read your post slightly differently. I'm assuming you are saying you are connected to the router by ethernet (so no need for password), but can't access the web. If that is correct, the first question to ask is, is the internet LED on the router green?

RoyB
Legend

Maybe it’s a Nancy Mitford thing…. 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.