cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching from SKY Broadband to NOW Broadband

I’ve just ordered NOW Broadband. I’m moving from my current supplier, which is SKY.

Do I need to cancel directly with SKY or will NOW handle the switch on the date of activation?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You won’t need to do anything. NOW will deal with it all.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/i-ve-ordered-now-broadband-what-happens-next

Have a read of the section - Do I need to let my existing broadband provider know I'm joining NOW Broadband?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Shardlake
Mentor

This is actually misleading, NOW will only change over the Broadband, as I have just discovered SKY are still charging me for the TV service I am no longer using, currently trying to work out how I am going to get a refund...

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Shardlake TV services are entirely separate and are not covered by Ofcom broadband switching rules. It is quite possible and in fact common to have Sky TV with a different ISP, so if you no longer want it you have to cancel directly with them, subject to any contractual obligations. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz1 wrote:

It is quite possible and in fact common to have Sky TV with a different ISP,  

I don't think it is that common anymore. The Sky Q system doesn't work too well without the Sky router.

With the old Sky HD boxes it wasn't such a problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As long as you were on FTTC with Sky there will be no problems. You probably won't even notice the switch over, and if you have the latest Sky router you may as well leave it on, it's much better than the Now router.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Make sure you opt to keep your existing phone number, that makes the whole process smoother.