cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zsanett
Mentor

Parental control - broadband buddy already OFF

Hello

I just switched to NOW broadband a week ago (so I never had this problem before) and altough I have internet it is blocking certain apps (games, Steam, Discord, Adobe, Riot games etc) and websites (like imdb, trackseries) - it has no problem to connect to Youtube, Netflix or Disney and on speedtest it shows good connection but it works the same way as those public wifis when it blocks certain things and just basic ones work - same problem on ethernet too.

i called them several times, but they were literally no help at all, if this doesn't get solved I will have to cancel my membership because altough I have internet I can't use it for anything basically. I need someone at NOW to take off all restrictions from my broadband. 

13 REPLIES 13
RoyB
Legend

@zsanett 

Just for completeness, especially when taking to Now Broadband or an Openreach engineer, can you demonstrate that you can access these sites just fine when using the mobile broadband on your phone?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
zsanett
Mentor

@RoyB I did tell them through the phone but they didn't listen. Thats my plan to show the engineer what works and other things not at all - its fully blocked 

RoyB
Legend

@zsanett 

Trouble is, the engineer is probably going to be from Openreach, not Now. If he can find some misconfiguration on the line, fine, but if he can satisfy himself that your packets are reaching Now uncorrupted, and Now are eating them, there won’t be much more he can do.

But at least this will be a state of affairs that Now will not be able to ignore.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
zsanett
Mentor

@RoyB literally yeah the only reason I want the engineer to come so I can prove the problem is not on my side