cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Old landline number not ported over

We changed to Vodafone and registered with our old number. They got the old number back and now our phone works with that number. Good value too.
Highlighted

Thanks good advice indeed after all the c--p I have had from lengthy
telephone calling.
Highlighted
Advocate

Sorry to hear the terrible position nowtv put you in, they will send someone to an early grave if they keep carrying on as they are 😪. Its a shame they haven't been told to cease trading while their processes and practices are put right. I'm sure their top brass and management aren't thinking of us customers but rather the profit the company can generate even as I'm typing this. I bet nowtv didn't even have the courtesy to call you about this matter and instead just sent you a generic email
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Old landline number not ported over!!

Hello,

I have just found myself in the exact same position as you were in a couple of years ago. My number (i have had since 1975) has been annoyingly changed without my saying so.

I was wondering if you found a way to get this issue resolved, and if so how you went about this?

Any advice would be helpful, as i'm sure you will know how frustrating this situation is!

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I just cancelled within 14 days and went with Vodafone. when it asked about keeping old number, I just put in my old landline I wanted to keep.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

@aainscough 

did transferring to Vodafone successfully bring your old number through?

I've just checked Vodafone and their install date is more than 14 days in future, so beyond the 14 day cancellation.

What did you do?

Thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Old landline number not ported over!!

Yes it did

The install date doesn't matter, you may have to do without a phone for a couple of days but you get to keep your number.

I just took the gamble and it paid off. I am by no means an expert on this, just my experience.
Highlighted
Advocate

@aainscough 

Thanks for replying. This is for my parents phone - nowtv claim the option to port number wasn't selected. It was - I ordered it and did think of screenshot the page / video it at the time in case of a problem.

Spoke to nowtv with their couldn't care less attitude of, the numbers gone and nothing can do.

In truth more like, we don't care and choose to do nothing.

0 Thanks