cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router settings

Is it possible to disable SIP ALG on the Nowtv router and if so how is this done

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

if you type "SIP ALG Sky Router " in your internet search engine you will find a few answers why this is not possible on the NOW Hubs which are a clone of the Sky Hub Router.

Here's one quick search result below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/SIP-ALG/td-p/3082981 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

if you type "SIP ALG Sky Router " in your internet search engine you will find a few answers why this is not possible on the NOW Hubs which are a clone of the Sky Hub Router.

Here's one quick search result below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/SIP-ALG/td-p/3082981 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not a solution... needs a Sky log in which I don't have. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When i posted that link it was open for anybody from the public to look at and read.

Since then it appears Sky are asking for a Sky login to read the link from their Community Forum (no ideas why).

Can't help much, apart from try a Google search or perhaps another NOW forum member knows the answer.

Or contact the NOW Broadband Team to see if they can assist further.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

I have a Sky login (same as my Now login), but even when I logged in with it, I got ‘Access Denied’ for that link.

Maybe if you can read it, you could repost it here, outside Sky’s walled garden.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

When i found the link back in March 2021, i wasn't logged into my old Sky iD account which i haven't used in years since a trial with Sky Store.

When i posted the reply back in March it was definitely readable to anybody who opened it, because when i post a link on the NOW Community Forum nine times out of ten i always check the link after i posted it to double check that the link works.

Know idea why the link is now asking for your Sky ID since i posted it back in March, where it looks like Sky have changed something their end when viewing certain threads on the Sky Broadband Community Forum.

To be honest i don't use my old Sky ID anymore and don't want to update it when i log into the link.

@Anonymous User will be better off doing another Google search for the answer or asking the question directly to the NOW Broadband Team (unless another NOW forum member knows the answer first hand).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spent hours on forums yesterday and drew blanks for NowTVŠ

And their customer services was USELESS trying to tell me that it was down
to the frequency of the router!