cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vijay

Whats the difference between the two types of routers offered by NOW

Hi, i just placed the ordered for home broadband. i m receiving the Now 2 router instead of big one. is there a reason why im given the smaller router? i need few ethernet ports but the one offered seems to have just 2. i did not understand the reason behind giving this router over other.

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Vijay 

Last I heard, Now only offered one router, certainly for FTTC Super Fibre, Fab Fibre and ADSL Brilliant Broadband.

However, they must be needing a different one for the new FTTP Full Fibre option. Is it ‘big’? I don’t know.

Can you point us to pictures of these two routers?

But if there is a big router, and you aren’t getting it, I guess the one you are getting is based on the plan you chose?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Vijay 

Unless you have signed up to NOW powered by Sky Fibre 100 (FTTP) then otherwise you will receive the NOW Hub 2 with two Ethernet ports on it.

If you need more than two Ethernet ports look at a Ethernet Hub switcher box which you can pickup pretty cheap from places like Amazon etc or a second hand Sky model SR203 Router which has four Ethernet ports and has better WiFi performance compared to the supplied NOW Hub 2 Router from places like Ebay which should work with the NOW Broadband service.

Should you have signed up to NOW powered by Sky (FTTP) then you should have received a Sky branded router.

Also looking at the T&C's on the NOW Broadband website the NOW Powered by Sky Router is a loan and will need to be sent back to Sky at the end of your contract with them.

Where the NOW Router (usually NOW) don't ask for it back at the end of your contract, though you can send the Router back to them if you wish for recycling purposes.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-powered-by-sky