cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: NowTV Broadband Hub Weak Signal

@Fruch Welcome to the community. The Hub 2 is a rebadged Sky Q router and has pretty good wifi performance (you can read reviews of the Sky Q router online). I had no problems using it, and my house often has difficulties with wifi due to its construction. I'd suggest there's something wrong with the hub if troubleshooting doesn't help. If you haven't already give the broadband team a call and they can troubleshoot and/or arrange a replacement as necessary. You can find the telephone number for the Broadband Team by going to your My Account > Broadband and Calls page

https://account.nowtv.com/my-package

and click the Moving Home section.

0 Thanks
Hgtaylor
First Poster

Hi

Ive just started my contract with nowtv, very weak signal in the next room and no WiFi in the upstairs bedroom whatsoever, quite disappointed. Any help on improving this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@Hgtaylor wrote:

Hi

Ive just started my contract with nowtv, very weak signal in the next room and no WiFi in the upstairs bedroom whatsoever, quite disappointed. Any help on improving this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

@Hgtaylor

Here's a copy and paste i made from the other day 

You will never get the max speed over Wi-Fi unfortunately. You can try changing channels on the router though by getting into the settings of the hub. Your username and passowrd will be on the back/bottom of your hub. Just go to 192.168.0.1 and log in. To change the channels, click on 'Wireless' and you'll be given a list of options. To check for the best channel in your neighbourhood download this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/wifi-analyzer/9nblggh33n0n?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

or if your on a phone here are variants:

ANDROID: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_GB

IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/fing-network-scanner/id430921107?mt=8

0 Thanks
TShukla
First Poster

Hi Alex,

We just moved to Now Tv broadband and cannot get the reception anywhere outside our room. Could you please advise the steps to me too to enhance the signal strength?

0 Thanks
Gmf25
First Poster

I’m having exactly the same problem. Extremely weak signal from NOW TV hub after switching from BT hub. Advice on how to improve signal would be much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Thanks
AmirC
First Poster

Hi, we changed from BT BB, to Nowtv in June 2018, and ever since the change, the quality, the level of stability, basic browsing has been a real pain. I’m thinking of cancelling my subscription with Nowtv for BB and telephone calls. Please advise!!!!. This is becoming serious and urgent too. 

0 Thanks
clemamene
First Poster

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. The hub just has been installed and the wifi is already impossible to reach in the bedroom next to the hub.

email me the instructions to enhance it please.

thanks 

0 Thanks
William_G
Occasional Poster

The Nowtv Hub and Sky Q hub are the worst pieces of Kit I have ever come across.  the hub is 1.3m away from the LG TV and I get 83% changing channels makes no difference. this is with 1 laptop, 2 phones & 1 TV connected in the network. if you go into another room even through  stud walls, the signal drops to under 70%. This kit is simply not suitable for use other than in the same room as the hub. if you are in a old house with thick walls forget it unless you piggy-back a decent router off the hub. so imho this could easily be wifi related

0 Thanks
ptrhbd
First Poster

Just to let those with same problem know of my solution. I too had BT but when they switched me from their Homehub 3 to a HH4 I found advice on the internet as to how to convert the HH3 into an extender and it worked as such for several years. I have now connected the modified HH3 via the same TP Link network (using the house electrical system) to the Now TV Router and to my surprise it still works as an extender on the other side of the house giving speeds of over 30 mb/sec.

I also needed more than the two ethernet sockets provided on the Now TV router, but rather than buy a ""switch" I found I could simply plug in another TPLink adaptor into the same electrical circuit  ( next to the TV in this case) and it connected into the first two without problem.

You can do the same with a BT HH 4 or 5 and/or convert it to use it as a switch to connect in extra ether net cables. 

Not complicated if you follow the instructions carefully

0 Thanks
Zaza33
First Poster

Hi

switched broadband from talk talk as I hated speaking with their customer services... however at least I had wi fi. It awful, I can’t watch anything as the WiFi is so weak. I use hive but that keeps going, Netflix and now tv is impossible to watch and I’ve used all my data allowance on my phone. Please help. I was told that the routers are rubbish, so they have sent me another one??? I was then told to buy an old sky hub as they are so much better??? I just want the WiFi to work../

0 Thanks