cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trace4

No WiFi for the past 72 hours

I have not had any WiFi for the past 3 days.

I have followed the steps in attempt to fix the issue with no luck.

I have tried calling the NowTV and I am not able to get through to anyone.

I work from home and this is not acceptable. 

I am currently at my with-ends and about to cancel my broadband with NowTV. 

4 REPLIES 4
chilli2
Elite

If you are having wifi issues, try connecting via ethernet.

RoyB
Legend

@chilli2 

Be aware that for many customers ‘WiFi’ and ‘broadband’ are synonymous, even though this is not quite the case 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Trace4 

Below are some standard things you can and probably have done before calling the team.

Can I assume you've checked the status of your line in this link?
https://help.nowtv.com/article/having-trouble-with-your-broadband

Have you done a factory reset to the router indicated in the link below?https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

You need to call the broadband team. See link for number.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

This link also shows any planned outages as well wide spread faults.
https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

Just to get a few things straight....

1: Is your wifi down, that is you can not connect to your wifi at all, and/or your devices can not see the wifi network

Or....

2: Is your internet connection down? that is you can connect to your wifi network, and even see other devices if you have them ( such as media servers/streamers etc) but you can not get onto the wider internet, some phones may report something along the lines of connected but no internet access

If you have no wifi my thoughts would be to connect to the router via a wired/ethernet connection and see if theres anything amiss within the router settings, i would also check to see if the router is saying connected or disconnected

Next on the fault finding would be to check if anything has become un plugged , is the router plugged in and wired up correctly? have any cables/plugs etc been unplugged or knocked by mistake?

If you have an overhead wire connecting the property to a phone pole is that OK, has there been any work outside that could have caused some damage?

I would then follow the advice from @gavs82008 but in a slightly different order:

checking first service status

line status

router re-set/factory re-set

then once you have checked its not the wifi, and the router is functioning call the call centre .

If you can describe things to them clearly and you can tell them what the problem is other than wifi not working - ie router has dropped the internet connection, loss of line sync etc then it can same some time and get a quicker response form the call centre.

One more thing...

Now is a budget home use broadband service and any issues,as with most other ISPs are dealt with by open reach. Openreach have a standard service level agreement (SLA) with all ISPs/communication partners (CPs) however some  CPs pay openreach a little more for a higher SLA which means that faults are repaired faster .

Some ISPs will also have fall back to a 3G/4G mobile phone network as well if it is absolutely critical that you have an internet connection ie for work or business purposes .

Now being a home/domestic ISP and a cheap one at that doesnt have 3G/4G back up, and only the standard service agreement with openreach, so unless you go down the do it yourself route with regards to backup i would not recommend relying on the service from Now "as is" for business ( including working from home) purposes ( plus you can not get a VAT receipt from them)

For a DIY back up you could use a wifi hotspot on your phone