cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wobblesworth
Advocate

New service working then there's a 'delay'

We were connected on the 23rd Sept after an engineer visit and all was well for about 48 hours - very impressed with the speed and stability of the connection.

Then on 25th I get a text telling me there's a 'delay in connecting your new broadband service' and they'd update me before the 3rd of October... How can this happen? It was up and running! Still no update, no service and some very tired (and expensive) phones exhausted from being hotpots.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Wobblesworth 

You should call the broadband team if you haven’t done so already. On here broadband staff NEVER come on to post.

See the link for number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Wobblesworth
Advocate

Yeah, I've tried... Don't have hours to spend on hold tbh. Will try again tomorrow.

RoyB
Legend

@Wobblesworth 

All that lovely automatic compensation that will be coming your way may help to defray those expensive phone charges.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Wobblesworth
Advocate

I've sent them a 'complaint' stating that the attempts to suggest that 'there's a delay in your connection' is false, it's a service interruption. I just don't get why they pull the plug on something that works. Hey ho...😂