cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TTAASS
Mentor

Phone connected without internet

My TV can access internet. But now not my phone. It's connected without internet. Have not been able to do any tests or checks since installes as just says oops! Cant check my service.

Is this the power of their internet Im paying for - 1 tv using wifi?

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TTAASS 

Posting on here means noting when it comes to broadband as support NEVER come on and post on the forum. You need to call the broadband team. See link for number.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@TTAASS 

That’s weird, it’s usually the other way round. Who is your ISP in each case!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
TTAASS
Mentor

I couldnt edit my post.Soon after no connection on phone or Tv. Just as well i had data on phone.

Only just joined NOW. Not impressed. Dont think any support late last night. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@TTAASS wrote:
Only just joined NOW. Not impressed. Dont think any support late last night. 

You are right about that.

However, if your TV has access internet, it has to be working.😕

RoyB
Legend

@TTAASS @Jayach @gavs82008 

I don’t think we should confuse Now’s telephone support hours with when Now techs are actually on duty, which I think would still be 24/7.

I note that the DNS server specified in the Settings of this iPad is actually my router, which I am sure is not resolving DNS all by itself, but is actually handing off those DNS requests to an actual DNS server or servers, via the connection to BT.

And not just one such server, but two, the second being for if the first one isn’t responding.

But Sky/Now lost both DNS servers, possibly because there was a SPOF, instead of them being widely separated.

I wonder if it would have been possible for Sky/Now to patch in alternate DNS servers by some means, like a white hat DNS ‘unpoisoning’ or similar?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
TTAASS
Mentor
It didnt stay on tho. Couldnt update post
Jayach
Elite 3

@TTAASS wrote:
It didnt stay on tho. Couldnt update post

And I didn't read your second post properly. Sorry.

Is it all working now?

TTAASS
Mentor
Hi
Yes. Thanku.
Lin85
Advocate

I have the same problem, how did you fix it? @TTAASS