cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New customer Speed Issues

Hi,

I'm a new customer and I set up my Hub 2 yesterday.  It was all straightforward however, when streaming (Netflix and Disney) last night I noticed regular and frequent drops in stream quality.  Further investigation showed that when another device joined the network, such as waking a mobile from sleep, the quality would drop further, even though that additional device wasn't really doing anything to eat up bandwidth.  At certain points I was only getting 2-3 Mbps/s when it should be and average of 56 Mbps.

I ran several speed tests using different providers (Fast.com, Ookla etc.), wired and wireless and the speeds varied considerably and seemingly randomly.  Sometimes peaking at around 49Mbps and sometimes as low as 2Mbps)  The internal Now tv checker from the exchange to router is coming in at an average of 56Mbps.

I'm reasonably technical so I checked the router config and split the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels and connected the 2 devices (TV and Phone to separate channels) to see if that would have any effect but it's the same.  Also did all the usual resetting router etc.

I've never had this problem with other providers (BT, EE).  I live in a relatively new building with good local infrastructure.

Can anyone offer any advice?  I know I have a 14 day cooing off period.

TIA

Adam.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Phone them up, seems lots of new customers are having speed issues at the moment. I decided to use the 14 day cooling off period to move.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Easier said than done, do you know the phone number please, I can't find one and I can't get past the automation in Chat?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Number is in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User it can take up to 10 days for your connection to settle/optimise so expect fluctuations in speeds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

find another provider then cancel this contract you will never get this sorted

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been around the block enough times with this sort of thing and my hunch is the same.