cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myro
Advocate

My WIFI is not working

I came home and I found out that my WiFi isn’t working. I decided to check my bills, and it says i’ve done a monthly payment today. But the problem is I haven’t done any payment today. I’ve got enough money on my card for this payment, so i have no idea what is the problem. Please help. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chilli2
Elite 2

What happens when you connect via ethernet to the router?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
chilli2
Elite 2

Try re booting ( turning off then on again) the router, turn it off for approx 3 minutes then turn it back on again

If that doesnt work, try a factory re-set, if you have changed the SSID/wifi password this will re- set to default there should be a sticker on the router saying what these are - usually under neath

If that does not work, you should be able to connect via ethernet and use the internet while connected by an ethernet cable to the router - from there you can access the routers config pages and navigate to the relevant wifi settings to see if you can get the wifi back on

Myro
Advocate

I appreciate your help, but i tried and it didn’t solve the problem.(

chilli2
Elite 2

What happens when you connect via ethernet to the router?

Myro
Advocate

Nothing at all. I still can’t use YouTube, Facebook etc, because there’s no connection 

chilli2
Elite 2

Wifi up, but connection to the internet down?

Are all the lights green on the router?

if you connect to the routers config pages what does that say about the connection - this is best done on a wired/ethernet connection as opposed to wifi

is there anything on the Now broadband support/connection status pages?

Has there been any work in your local area that may have affected the openreach ( phone lines) either directly or indirectly?

Myro
Advocate

Hasn’t been any work in my area. 
All the lights are green, except the internet one, it’s yellowish(orange or something). Tried to restart the router few times, not working. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Myro 

This link also shows any planned outages as well wide spread faults.
https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

You need to call the broadband team. See link for number.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
isitafox
Mentor

Mines been down all day yesterday and today, apparently tgey know about it as whenI go to do the line check in my account it says it was reported at 05:35 yesterday morning (which wasn't me) and there is a reference INC3271793.

Tried ringing the freephone number given and it answers with a message stating there is a problem with the broadband they are aware of and engineers are working on it. 

Hope this helps! 

chilli2
Elite 2

Yellow / orange internet light, or flashing white internet light  Will usually mean a problem with the connection

you can check this by going into the routers config pages

if you are using your own router, and not the one supplied by Now , connect the Now router, if this is a Now Hub2, then see here https://help.nowtv.com/article/fix-hub-issues