cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJ0
Advocate

Landline

No dial tone. I've been with nowtv for over a year and this has been a problem for most of that time. It seemed to be fixed a few months ago when openreach replaced the phone jack but now it's back. Luckily I'm not reliant on the landline. The broadband is ok most of the time. This site has told me that there's no problems and to give them a call if my issue is still unresolved !!! Not helpful 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LJ0 

The site isn’t wrong, you do need to call the broadband team to get it resolved. See link for number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@LJ0 wrote:
No dial tone. I've been with nowtv for over a year and this has been a problem for most of that time.

Why? If it doesn't work report it as a fault. Now will then call Openreach out.

RoyB
Legend

@LJ0 

Put Now on notice that you want this fixed. If that cannot do this within thirty days, you can leave Now without penalty and go elsewhere.

(And please nobody point out that it will be the same line whichever ISP you were to move to, because it’s all Openreach. Other ISPs likely have a bigger stick than Now, or more inclination to use it).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:
(And please nobody point out that it will be the same line whichever ISP you were to move to, because it’s all Openreach. Other ISPs likely have a bigger stick than Now, or more inclination to use it).

O.K. I won't mention it, especially as if they did move Openreach will have nothing to do with the telephone.

It will have to be VoIP.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

Probably just as well 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.