cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yusuff

Landline

I have been using the Now broadband for a while but the landline is not setup. Now want to set it up and the connection has mostly been slow. Any advice….

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Yusuff 

If you have Now Broadband, you have a telephone line with it, and it is already set up.

If you are not paying for Anytime calls, then you can connect an analogue phone and use it Pay As You Go whenever you wish.

What are Now trying to do, sell you Anytime? It’s completely your decision if you take it or not, based on whether you make enough outgoing landline calls that Anytime would be cheaper for you than PAYG.

But whatever you choose, it won’t affect your broadband speeds. If ‘slow’ is less than the minimum speed that Now promised you, get on to them to fix it, as a completely separate issue from the phone service.

I find it a bit odd that Now are being proactive about the phone, though. It doesn’t really sound like them at all…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Yusuff 

Ah - I wonder if that second ‘Now’ is an ‘I now’? 🤪

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.