cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is mirrorservice.org blocked? Can't update my Raspberry Pi anymore

As per title, is mirrorservice.org blocked?

I'm trying to do software updates on my Raspberry Pi, but they keep failing.

Same thing happens if I open the URL in a browser or ping it, or it's IP address.

I have been able to update it fine in the past.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sky / NOW are currently encountering an issue on their Broadband service where customers can't access certain websites, Apps or their work VPN for example.

Sky / NOW are aware of it and its being looked at.

Here's one Tweet of many from the Sky Twitter feed.

Screenshot_20210820-092209.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, that's interesting to know.

In case this helps someone in the future...

I turned off the broadband buddy last night, waited half an hour and it was still inaccessible.  But this morning I can get to mirrorservice.org again.

I think it may have been switched back in because I renewed my contract.  I have turned it off before.

I don't think I was having a DNS problem, because I couldn't reach it using the IP address either.

It looks a lot like their filter is being over zealous.  Traceroute showed the request didn't get any further than Sky.

I would like to report this, but I'm not really sure where to report it too.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Usually switching off Broadband Buddy will give you access to previous websites that was blocked instantly after changing the default PG 13 age rating set at default on the NOW Broadband service.

Did you manage to access mirrorservice org website before or after 10.15 am this morning ?

If it was after 10.15 am then it was the issue on the Sky / NOW service that was resolved at around 10.15 am rather than the Broadband Buddy setting or could have been a combination of both and couldn't access the site until Broadband Buddy Settings was changed plus the Sky / NOW Broadband service was fixed at around 10.15 to 10.30 am this morning.

Here's a link to reach out to the NOW Broadband Team with a number of different communication methods.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To check if it's the Broadband Buddy setting causing the problem, then try setting Broadband Buddy back to PG 13 and see if it blocks mirrorservices org.

If it does, then change your Broadband Buddy Settings back to off or maybe age 18.