cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dynamic DNS

I have a Now TV Hub Two (Manufacturer Sky; Model NR801; Firmware Version 4.32.0200.RM; DSL Firmware VersionA2pv6F039m1.d24m)

I want to use a dynamic DNS service (this is so I can use the DNS settings of NextDNS to ad block).

Before I moved to Now TV Broadband I used DuckDNS for my dynamic DNS service. However, when I access my Now TV Hub Two under Advanced / Dynamic DNS, the only options I have are DynDNS,  noip  and dyns cx . I do not use these DNS services and want to continue using DuckDNS

Is it possible to have a custom / third party dynamic DNS service in the Now TV Hub Two?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

If it's not in the router then no.

Although I fail to see why you would need a dynamic DNS, to use a alternate DNS service.

I'm probably missing something.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i want dynamic DNS because my internet connection does not have a fixed IP address.To use my DNS provider at router level I need to link my DNS provider to my internet IP address - to fix it I use dynamic DNS. My DNS provider is NextDNS which has great customisable ad and malware blocking features (which is why I want to use it instead of the Now TV default DNS or a standard DNS server like Google’s). 

Jayach
Elite 3

I'm still confused as to the reason for needing a DDNS to use an alternate DNS provider.

However, why can you not use one of those provided in the router instead of Duck DNS?

To answer your original query: 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is it possible to have a custom / third party dynamic DNS service in the Now TV Hub Two?

No.