cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Left NowTV, now can't get fibre anywhere

Recently cancelled NowTV Broadband - now, a week later, I cannot sign up for anything more than basic broadband with other providers. How can I get the fibre connection I had previously?

2 REPLIES 2
Jayach
Elite 3

What do you mean by basic broadband, are you referring to ADSL?

Now isn't actually fibre broadband (FTTP) is is VDSL (FTTC).

Why did you cancel before having signed up to a new provider?

chilli2
Elite

Is your Cabinet full and/or does it have a waiting list??

quick explanation:

When you want to leave one service provider and move to another, the correct way to do this is to get in touch with the new service provider enter your details and they will deal with everything , you will/should get a message form your old provider along the lines of sorry you are leaving here are a few deals to tempt you to stay .

When the chngeover happens your old service provider will stop and the new one will start.

This is called a migration, and it ( usually ) happens seemlessely without a hitch.

If you Cancel with your old provider this is roughly what happens:

it can take upto 14 days for the line to be de activated, in the meantime if there is a high demand for "fibre" or to be more precise Fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) in your area then the available connections in the street cabinet will all be taken.

As you have cancelled your service the connection that was previously assigend to you will be vacant and assigned to someone else, this means that you will only be able to get a basic ADSL connection if the cabinet is full.

Put your details in here to see what your cabinet/exchange details are

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

you may need to use the postcode search if your line is or has been LLU ( ie now/sky/easynet/talk talk)