cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonny1

Charged almost entire month before installation

I signed up to NOW Broadband at the start of July, was given an installation date of the 3rd August. When the 3rd came, no engineer arrived which meant I'd booked a day off work for nothing. 

After 2 weeks of waiting for some kind of call or email from NOW to reorganise the installation (I have no time to spend calling and waiting on phone queues) I called and was asked why I had left it so long to contact them about it. I asked why they were going to charge me for internet that I didn't receive and they told me there would have to be an investigation into it. I told the guy on the phone to leave it as I cannot deal with the stress of arguing further about it, but now I'm just annoyed that yet another broadband company are trying to scam me out of money. Had similar issues with Virgin, in that they use any excuse to steal money from customers. Please can someone fix this? I should be repaid for ANY time that I did not access your broadband. 

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jonny1 

You NEVER speak with staff from broadband support on here. In fact staff seldom post on here. 

So the forum is used by other customers. All we can do is point you in the direction of calling broadband support.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

If it helps there will be automatic compensation based on not getting the broadband up and running.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@Jonny1 wrote:
I'm just annoyed that yet another broadband company are trying to scam me out of money. Had similar issues with Virgin, in that they use any excuse to steal money from customers. Please can someone fix this? I should be repaid for ANY time that I did not access your broadband. 

Why would you think it is scam?

Problems can occur with any service. If you can't be bothered to chase them as soon as you know there is a problem, that doesn't make it a "scam"

If the "same" happened with Virgin, you have to wonder just what is the common denominator?

Jonny1
So you think charging someone for a service they haven't received is fair?
Jayach
Elite 3

@Jonny1 wrote:
So you think charging someone for a service they haven't received is fair?

I didn't say that.

But leaving a problem for a some time before informing the service provider means the automated charging system will simply be doing their job.

I'm sure. once you get it sorted out, any charges will be adjusted to account for just what you have received.

Jonny1
Yeah I fully get that. But you're implying that the two issues with NOW and Virgin are the same and caused by me.

Let's imagine that I didn't have the time to be calling companies left right and centre. Just moved home and been visiting parents during this time and to be quite honest it slipped my mind. Doesn't give any company the right to charge for goods that were not delivered. Whether I left it two weeks or no, surely they should be chasing me so they can start to generate revenue from me. Instead they aren't bothered whether I have internet, just that their direct debit has started
RoyB
Legend

@Jonny1 

You said “I told the guy on the phone to leave it”

It sounds like he respected your wish there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jonny1
Sounds like you're a bit of a cu#t
RoyB
Legend

@Jonny1 

What was wrong with you typing the “l”?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.