cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kr1878
Mentor

Landline number not retained when changing broadband service

I started a changeover from NOW to Virgin Media (broadband and landline) but there was a problem with the VM installation so I reverted back to NOW. When my landline and broadband was re-established this week the  landline number has changed. When I contacted NOW customer service I was told that I have lost my original number of 14 years and can't get it back? Can anyone advise?

Ken

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@kr1878 

Preserve with broadband support is all I can suggest. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
kr1878
Mentor
I did and the customer service person hung up on me!! I have sent a complaint.. no response.. is there a number or email where I might get a response?

Ken

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
[We are a life-changing university]<>

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this email is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error please advise the sender by return email and delete all copies. The University of Sunderland cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended. You should perform your own virus checks.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@kr1878 

Not sure if this is the number you're trying to call. See the link below.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

The email address below.
customer services @ now tv . com (ensure no spaces)

Below the complaints code of practice where you can take things further.
NOW Complaints Code of Practice

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
kr1878
Mentor

Thanks for the help 😃

Jayach
Elite 3

Did you lose your Now service for a while? It sounds like you have started a new account, and your old number was ported to Virgin, so it would need to be ported back, but good luck getting that done.

Number porting, in this age of VoIP services, has become an absolute nightmare.