Advocate

Broadband down

Broad band down Northampton but can’t find any area issues 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lee3 

You need to call the broadband team. See link for number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Lee3
Advocate

Thanks for reply 

I have been in touch with em.

They said there’s an outage problem in my Area and that there are a number of customers without internet connection.

They also said they will keep me updated TBH there’s been no communication whatsoever.

Ive tried to investigate about broadband band outages in my area on line but can’t find any evidence of this.

They have took their direct debit out over the weekend for a service I don’t currently have and have know idea when it’s going to be up and running again.

If the service is not fixed with in next day or 2 I’m going to have to get paye as you go dongle or something which ain’t cheap. I have Fire Tv in main room and daughters room so no broadband no tv, homework is now done on line what choices do you have.

Perhaps Now Tv will do the right thing and reimburse me if it gets that far.

Jayach
Elite 3

If it is down for over 48 hours, you should get automatic compensation of £8.40 a day. that should pay for alternate service.

About auto-compensation for broadband and calls (nowtv.com)

Edit: Have you asked your neighbours if theirs is down? If it is an area outage, it should affect everyone on the Openreach network.

Lee3
Advocate

Thanks for reply

Good to know there is some kind of compensation.

When they said there was outage in my area and that I wasn’t the only customer without. I did investigate neighbours friends ect some was on Sky some on BT and low and behold Now Tv all of which run of Open Reach and guess what no one has had any issues at all.

Not quite understanding why they would lie and make it worse don’t make sense.

Jayach
Elite 3

Really doesn't sound like an area outage. Contact them again.