cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eleanor
Advocate

Broadband did not go live on activation date

My broadband was meant to go live yesterday but it is still showing in my account as waiting to go live. I work permanently from home and I'm having to hotspot from my personal phone and will run out of data soon. I'd like to know whether I should phone and chase or carry on waiting. 

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Eleanor 

Chase, but be aware that Now is domestic broadband, so soft-pedal the WFH aspect 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

Just to add to the above, I would not advise Now broadband if it is essential for work/working from home purposes .

It's fine for home use - if, and if you understand the service and how a budget service differs and where the corners have been cut to get the price down.

a few reasons why its no good for critical home working/business use:

Customer support - its there but you may have to dig to find it

Basic openreach support, openreach offer the same level of support to all communication providers (ie ISPs) however some ISPs pay a little more for a higher service level agreement

No back up to 3G/4G/5G usually a business function - but present on a few home providers ( that cost more than now) this is where a router has a sim card as well as the usual stuff, if the standard connection goes down then mobile internet takes over unitl the main connection comes back.

Billing - no VAT invoices

Bussiness broadband costs more, but should be more suited to your needs