cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zwali
Advocate

Broadband Setup

Now broadband will be installed on August 18th, and I'm not sure if it will be on a phone or a router because I haven't ordered a phone. Please respond to my request.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Zwali 

It will be on a router, which Now should send you shortly.

But note, by the way, that you are not addressing any Now employees here; just fellow customers like yourself.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
RoyB
Legend

@Zwali 

It will be on a router, which Now should send you shortly.

But note, by the way, that you are not addressing any Now employees here; just fellow customers like yourself.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Zwali
Advocate

Thank you for the reply. Appreciate it. I posed the inquiry because I received an email from NOW broadband stating that both broadband and phone service 

below is the email

the broadband and phone service will go live on 18/08/2023, without an engineer having to visit your home. It'll be up and running any time before midnight 

Jayach
Elite 3

That is referring to landline phone, which is currently required to get Now broadband.

There is no requirement that you actually use it though.

Zwali
Advocate

Thank you for the reply . So it means along with Router I will receive a landline phone as well?

RoyB
Legend

@Zwali 

No, it doesn’t. As @Jayach  says, Now Broadband needs a landline to work over, and Now will optionally sell you a phone service, so you can actually use a phone over it.

And as your email says ‘phone service’, I wonder if you have actually bought that, as well as the broadband service.

if you have, though, and want it, you will need to buy your own landline handset(s) to use it.

But if you have bought it and don’t want it, and you are just going to rely on mobile phones, get onto Now and cancel the phone service, keeping only the broadband service.

Zwali
Advocate

Thank you @RoyB for response. But i have not ordered a phone and i have not selected while ordering Now broadband . 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Zwali 

All broadband packages with NOW will come with line rental by default. You can’t get rid of it. 

That said you don’t need to use it, you don’t need anything connected up. So you won’t additional charges for using the phone line.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Zwali wrote:

Thank you @RoyB for response. But i have not ordered a phone and i have not selected while ordering Now broadband . 

@Zwali 

That’s fine then.

Jayach
Elite 3

I don't think there is a separate phone service that can be cancelled, it is all part of the BT wholesale service Now use.

Once (if) Now start to use SOGEA, then yes the phone service will be optional, but currently it is not.