cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Becky27
Advocate

Activation

How long did it take for your broadband to activate on activation day? 

Also my account says not to set up until it has been activated but automated service says it can be plugged in and just keep waiting for the 3 lights. 

what is everyone else experience? And did you set up and wait for the 3 lights or wait until your account told you it was live? 

thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Becky27 

I think the intention is that you should not put the Now router on the line until the previous broadband service, if any, has ceased.

Other than that, no problem with setting it up ready and waiting for the lights.

Activation can be any time up until midnight on activation day, and still be regarded as on schedule.

After that, though, it’s late.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Becky27 

I think the intention is that you should not put the Now router on the line until the previous broadband service, if any, has ceased.

Other than that, no problem with setting it up ready and waiting for the lights.

Activation can be any time up until midnight on activation day, and still be regarded as on schedule.

After that, though, it’s late.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@Becky27 wrote:
automated service says it can be plugged in and just keep waiting for the 3 lights. 🙂

That is definitely the way I would do it.