cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexmcm13
Advocate

Internet has been down for almost a week and no updates!!

My internet has been down for almost a week now and an engineer has been sent out to 'fix' my issues yet I have received no updates in regards to when I will be back online.

I work online and have been unable to do my job for the past several days and having to rely on mobile data, this is beyond infuriating and would appreciate a simple phone call for goodness sake! 

Never again will I choose this company for my broadband moving forward, call Centre 'support' is an absolute joke and complete waste of time. 

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Alexmcm13 

Predicting when you will be back on line, as distinct from reporting when you are back on line, is giving a hostage to fortune. And the engineer will be from Openreach, not Now, so there are several layers of communication, or the absence of it, here.

You might also want to read what Now’s T&Cs say about business use.

Not that a bit of WFH would faze them, I wouldn’t imagine,  but if you need more continuity than ‘domestic’ can provide then you will need some form of second-string fallback over mobile data, as you have found.

I set up proper WFH, with fallback, when COVID was just a gleam in a bat’s eye, and it doesn’t come at Now prices 😢

Having said which, Now really ought to be keeping you in the loop, even at domestic levels, but the reality is you will probably have to call them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Have you been given any reason for the Outage?

Is it just you, or are near neighbours also suffering their broadband down?