cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irishka1503
Advocate

WiFi is not working

WiFi is not working, the password is incorrect. I have pressed the reset button, still doesn’t work.

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@irishka1503 

If you have the Now instructions that say to put the password in in ALL CAPITALS that is completely wrong, and you should use lower case for any lower case letters in the password shown on the underside of the router.

And take care to distinguish numerics 0 and 1 from letters that look nearly the same, such as capital I (eye) and lower case l (ell).

If you can connect a laptop or similar to an Ethernet cable wired to the router, you can go into the router settings and double-check that the password in the router is the same as the label.

Likewise if you can make a connection to one of your devices via WPS, which will also bypass the password issue.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
irishka1503
Advocate
Thanks for the quick reply, I followed all the instructions but the
internet still doesn't work and I don't have a laptop or other devices to
connect.
RoyB
Legend

@irishka1503 

Do you mean you now have the password correct, but connected devices cannot get on the internet, or that you still can’t get the password accepted?

Is this a brand new setup that has never worked, or something that did work, but now it’s changed?

How many lights are showing on the top of the router - particularly is the middle one lit?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite 2

In your opening post you said the Wifi isnt working, now you say the internet isnt working - which one is it?

Wifi? or Internet?

The Wifi may be working but you wont be able to access the internet, likewise you may have an active and working internet connection, but the wifi may be off on the router, or incorrectly configured