cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sony Bravia TV cannot connect to Bravia Core

Just got a new XR 48A90K OLED Sony Bravia TV. However it will not connect to Bravia Core, I get this message: Network connection lost. Please try again later. (under this a banner with OK on it). (At the bottom of the screen what I assume is an error code) INT_104_201.

This happens with both wired and wireless connection. I have a Now TV Hub Two. I have checked the network connection on the TV, the diagnostics say it is OK also Netflix, iplayer etc all work OK. As a final test I linked the TV to my mobile phone via a mobile hotspot using 4G and it connected fine to Bravia Core.

So I am guess that there is an issue or compatibility between this app and the Now TV router.

I would add that I am not very technically minded esp when it comes to routers.

Any guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks Andrew 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I see if anything from this linked thread below helps in anyway.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Sony-Android-TV-quot-wifi-not-connected-quot-pop-up-since-I/m-p/573003#M10305 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to say the Bravia Core Movies uses a high bandwidth (lower HD resolution needs around 30Mbps plus where the 4K content is around 80Mbps).

Does your NOW Broadband service have sufficient internet bandwidth ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just taken this information copy and pasted below from the Sony Bravia Core website where you need a high amount of internet bandwidth.

Pure Stream™ which offers streaming between 30Mbps - 80Mbps. To access Pure Stream™ at 30Mbps, you must have a minimum internet speed of 43Mbps. To access highest quality Pure Stream™ available at 80Mbps you must have a minimum internet speed of 115Mbps. To enjoy 80 Mbps with Pure Stream™ functionality, you need to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi (wireless LAN) that supports IEEE 802.11 n/ac. BRAVIA CORE is not responsible for network restrictions or available bandwidth. Network service provider restrictions and terms may apply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Many thanks for your replies. We get about 23Mbps here. But the odd thing was the ability to connect through my mobile as a hotspot on 4g (giffgaff). I didn't actually try to look at any content I just signed up to a Bravia Core account. I must confess I didn't really fully understand the link you kindly sent but I think it was relating to wireless connections. I have tried to ring Sony but unfortunately couldn't help but referred my to Bravia support which is only via email. I await their reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all. Problem solved. It turned out to be the parental control setting on my NowTV account. A quick call to the help line and with the control switched off all is good.