cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fcooke
Advocate

Sony Android TV "wifi not connected" pop up since I joined NOW

Now broadband has been working fine since I joined a month ago from Plusnet.

Only problem has been a "wifi not connected" pop up that keeps appearing since I switched over. The Sony community had various solutions but these didn't work. One theme that came out was this was affecting those with Sky/Now routers.

Any help appreciated 

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Sony Android TV "wifi not connected" pop up since I joined NOW

Hi @Fcooke 

I am guessing using Ethernet is not an option ?

If it was me, what i would try is splitting the Hub Router into two wifi Networks (2.4ghz & 5ghz and try both).

I would be also tempted to disable IPV6 on either your Hub Router or Sony Android TV (if this functionality is available) where the Sky / NOW Hub 2 Router is known to be a little buggy over IPV6.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Fcooke 

I am guessing using Ethernet is not an option ?

If it was me, what i would try is splitting the Hub Router into two wifi Networks (2.4ghz & 5ghz and try both).

I would be also tempted to disable IPV6 on either your Hub Router or Sony Android TV (if this functionality is available) where the Sky / NOW Hub 2 Router is known to be a little buggy over IPV6.

Saint1976
Elite 2

@Fcooke was one of the suggestions from the Sony community to change your routers channel?

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/kd55x8509c-smart-tv-not-connecting-to-sky-wireless/td-p/2...

Fcooke
Advocate

Thanks, ethernet isn't an option unfortunately.

I use a BT Whole Home mesh for Wifi as my house is all over the place and old brick walls.  I had this before the switch to NOW and didn't have the same issue.

0 Thanks
Fcooke
Advocate

Thanks.  Just noticed I didn't put in the BT Whole Home wifi  sorry.  I can only assume there's a router settings issue as the WIFI itself isn't the problem.   

0 Thanks
Fcooke
Advocate

I'll try the IPV6 off on tv. Not thought of that, ta.

0 Thanks
Fcooke
Advocate

Combining both of those worked many thanks.

Internal LAN IPv6 off and unticking the synchronise 2.4 and 5 GHz plus renaming the 2 channels.

Cheers!