Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Now TV poor streaming quality

All the movies are blurred

0 Thanks
Highlighted

yes I have the same problem with my monitor,   aser 4K  quality so poor I had to cancel my account.  

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Does anyone here who is experiencing poor picture quality actually use Sky as your broadband provider?
I'm beginning to suspect not.

I have BT Infinity 2 - 60Mbps downloads and twice now I've had to go through tedious Live Chats, repeating myself and going over the same procedures because of poor picture quality.
The last chat, yesterday, the advisor told me that my virtually new box was faulty!
Nonsense!
After our conversation ended I managed to watch Blade Runner 2049 in 720p for the majority. It's not my box. It's your servers throttling non Sky customers unless we complain, in my opinion.
I tried NowTV around 4 years ago, watching through Xbox ( again not using Sky broadband ) and this poor picture quality was an issue all the way back then.
Let's face it.. You must be prioritising the bandwidth to your own broadband customers over the likes or Virgin or BT customers. There's no other explanation.
Your live chat team are useless robots going through a checklist to nowhere.
Absolutely terrible experience using NowTV ( twice now ).
I cancelled the roll-on plan immediately the first time.
So glad I used my free Month 'all pass' this time too, instead of shelling out for the privilege of pulling my hair out wondering why your news channel is in 720p yet everything on the NowTV app is unwatchable.
I'd wrongly assumed you'd got your act together after 4 years. Obviously not.

Rant over.
Goodbye Sky..

0 Thanks
Highlighted

it doesnt say the streaming speed

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Too busy worrying about how many streams you are using. I've all but given up streaming on my pc, as the picture is terrible. It works ok for a few seconds, then goes really blurry, then goes ok again. Been happening for 5 years. Deleting the player then re-downloading it, sometimes works for a bit but not long enough to be worth doing anymore. 

I have a stick upstairs and it works better than the boxes, but not perfect by any means. The black box downstairs only really works vaguely ok, if i restart it every time before i want to watch something. If i don't restart it, it's all pixelated to hell. Unplugging it doesn't work, i need to go to system settings and click on restart. I have three of the black boxes, i only use one but have tried the others out again, and they're basically close to useless since they brought the sticks out. Same thing happened with the previous white boxes. When they brought out the new black boxes, the white ones became almost impossible to watch anything on. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@noeyedeer 

Put the Ookla app on your PC, measure your download and upload speeds, and post them here.

If possible, see if you can get readings when the NowTV picture is particularly blurry and when it’s OK, and see if there seems to be a correlation.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted

It's not sky, I'm a customer and every other streaming service works fine, so now TV is just useless. Their app is hopeless and the cost is ridiculous for the service.

It does not matter what device I try only now TV is crap all the time. 

Simply stop using it 

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sky provide NowTV.

The NowTV service is entirely satisfactory here across a huge range of devices, except for my iMac where it is blurry.

What devices have you tried it on?

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

F1 Race today was very good quality just a poor UI but that is the NowTV Apps fault not the stream quality.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

hi all, has anyone had any problems since? My streaming quality is 90 but the programmer is extremely blurry. I’ve closed and restarted my PS4 app and nothing is happening! It is 100% not my internet provider 

0 Thanks