cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV poor streaming quality

Had Now TV a while now streaming via the app on Apple TV & never had an issue. Just bought a Samsung 4K smart TV and the stream quality is extremely poor. Hardly watchable! Other apps like Netflix, Prime etc are fine. Have rebooted my router & checked internet connection. I have fibre optic 100mbps internet. Even plug Ethernet in with no luck. Any other ideas or should I just cancel Now TV?
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its 90 in the top right corner. THe golf streaming is terrible unwatchable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it doesnt say the streaming speed

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Too busy worrying about how many streams you are using. I've all but given up streaming on my pc, as the picture is terrible. It works ok for a few seconds, then goes really blurry, then goes ok again. Been happening for 5 years. Deleting the player then re-downloading it, sometimes works for a bit but not long enough to be worth doing anymore. 

I have a stick upstairs and it works better than the boxes, but not perfect by any means. The black box downstairs only really works vaguely ok, if i restart it every time before i want to watch something. If i don't restart it, it's all pixelated to hell. Unplugging it doesn't work, i need to go to system settings and click on restart. I have three of the black boxes, i only use one but have tried the others out again, and they're basically close to useless since they brought the sticks out. Same thing happened with the previous white boxes. When they brought out the new black boxes, the white ones became almost impossible to watch anything on. 

RoyB
Legend

@noeyedeer 

Put the Ookla app on your PC, measure your download and upload speeds, and post them here.

If possible, see if you can get readings when the NowTV picture is particularly blurry and when it’s OK, and see if there seems to be a correlation.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are now tv going to reply as also having problem and it's not fair we're paying for something with such poor quality
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I  will  not pay  for  another  pass  until  streaming  quality  problem  is solved

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having a similar streaming problem...this morning whilst trying to enjoy my Agents of Shield Marathon, the little spinning balls kept appearing....literally every 5 seconds. It’s not my internet, as all the lights on my router are on....I’m wondering why I’m having issues, when it’s 9 in the morning? So fed up of this now. Happens when I watch the movies selection aswell, a reason why I cancelled. If it wasn’t for shows that aren’t yet available on Amazon Prime( free for members) I’d be gone. Trying to post a picture but it won’t work. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same streaming issue  - Just got an Entertainment Now TV Pass and the streaming quality is terrible. How can they endorse something that does not even work properly? At the moment the streaming Quality is 90 in the top corner - I have restarted everything to no avail.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting the same issue. Paid for a week's Sky Sports pass but the quality of the stream on the Now TV player is so poor that at times it's totally unwatchable. Completely unacceptable - where's my refund? Also persistently get the headers and footers appearing and then disappearing when in full screen mode, which is also very irritating.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue, but only the last few days. I use the Now TV app on the Roku stick - been absolutely fine until the update 2 or 3 days ago, and now every show is unwatchable. So I'm paying seriously high prices (compared to any other streaming service) for something I can't use. Obviously not happy...